Saturday, April 23, 2011

Commissioned Birthday Present

A couple weeks ago I was asked by a friend to make a makeup bag & brush roll set for a birthday present. It was fun to make the set and get paid for it! :-) Here are a few pics:

I love the fabric collection she picked out. Very cute! This is Sugar & Spice by The Quilted Fish. I was glad I had the red zippers, they were nice accents to the red flowers.

I put 2 pockets inside the makeup bag. I love pockets!

This pocket is divided up the middle. It's good for chap stick or hair clips.

I used iron on vinyl on the brush roll so it will stay nice and clean.

This is the first time I rounded the top flap. It rolls up much better this way. I also used a simple wavy top stitch to add a little bit of something interesting.

All rolled up with an elastic tie.

Small bag to keep little things from getting lost in the bigger bag. It ended up a bit smaller than I intended.

Everything fits nicely into the makeup bag.
The complete set ready to be delivered. :-)

1 comment: