Monday, May 9, 2011

Birthday Tote for Lacie

I made a tote bag for my sister for her birthday. I used the Pleated Tote pattern from Artsy Crafty Babe. I enlarged the pattern so it would be a nice big tote for her. And I put extra pockets for lots of storage. It was a lot of fun to make!

The finished tote. I love this fabric and was happy to make into a present for my sister!

Nice long handles. The bag turned out a bit large than I intended, but that's alright. But really, is a bag ever too big?...

This is the first time I've done this type of zipper. For my first try it came out alright.

I even put a little pocket inside the zipper pocket. :-) Have I mentioned I really like pockets?

3 pockets in one! I like pockets like this for storing keys, cell phone and such. The little things you want access to right away and don't want lost in the bottom of your bag.

The detail stitching I did along the top of the bag. This is one of my favorite stitches.
I'm super happy with how this turned out. And I'm happy it went to a good home! Now, I need to make a new bag for myself!

1 comment:

Carrie Ann Eddleman said...

What a super cute tote, your sister is going to be sew happy. I really need to get out my sewing machine sometime...don't know why it intimidates me so. Thanks for sharing the info about the coffee maker, I really appreciate it. Take Care, Carrie